The Spanish as a Foreign Language Program emphasizes academic rigor and innovative teaching. Small classes enable students to participate in class discussions, work closely with our highly qualified professors and receive extensive individualized feedback, making it a unique learning experience.
The knowledge of Ecuadorian culture and of the city of Guayaquil, are an integral part of the Spanish as a Foreign Language Program, allowing the students to acquire the language skills, within a historic and social context.
The International Program has offered intensive Spanish courses successfully for more than 12 years to students from the United States, as well as other European, Asian and African countries, in the same way to professionals who share the interest of learning or improving the Spanish language.
We work with host families for the students who travel to our country through the CCIS agreement, and for those foreigners interested in living the Ecuadorian homestay customs. Working together with our families has shown us that living with an Ecuadorian family helps in the teaching and practice of the Spanish language, as well as in our culture.
Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Spanish: 60 HOURS Each one
Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Conversation: 60 HOURS Each one
Spanish for physicians and specialists: 45 HOURS
Al finalizar cada curso, una vez aprobado, UCSG emite un certificado de aprobación. At the end of each course, and once it has been passed, UCSG issues a certificate of approval
Entrenamos a los estudiantes interesados en realizar los examenes DELE* / We train students interested in the DeLe* exams.
* DELE: Diplomas de Español como Lengua Extranjera. / Certificate of Spanish as a Foreing Language.
- LOS CURSOS SE IMPARTEN DURANTE TODO EL AÑO. COURSES ARE OFFERED DURING THE WHOLE YEAR.
- HORARIOS ACORDE A LA NECESIDAD DEL GRUPO SCHEDULES ARE DEVELOPED ACCORDING TO THE NEEDS OF THE GROUP.
- CURSOS INDIVIDUALES Y GRUPALES. INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP COURSES.
- EXAMEN DE UBICACIÓN PREVIA PRIMER CURSO. TAKE A PLACEMENT / DIAGNOSTIC TEST, BEFORE STARTING THEIR FIST COURSE.
SUBJECT TO ENROLLMENT
- Lexicon 60 HOURS
- Ecuadorian History 45 HOURS
- Latin American Literature 45 HOURS
- Oral and Written Communication 60 HOURS
- Latin American Cinema 45 HOURS
- Urban Regeneration, Guayaquil case 60 HOURS
HOW TO APLLY
- Valid Passport 6 months before expiring.
- APPLICATION FORM (click to download)
- Pay the non-refundable course payment
- Schedule a placement test and an interview
- University transcript with approved Spanish courses in the case of having taken a course.
- Updated photo
- To register in any Program the applicant must be legally in the country. (For packages less than 3 months can register in the courses with the tourist visa)
MARÍA CECILIA LOOR DE TAMARIZ
Academic Vice – Chancellor
Philosofy Faculty Dean
E-mail: carolina.Andrade@cu.ucsg.edu.ec – firstname.lastname@example.org
Spanish Program Director
Home: (593) 42295683
Cell Phone: (593) 9 5101765
Office: (593) 4 3804600 ext. 1417
E-mail: email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org
Spanish Program Academic Coordinator
Home: (593) 2853250
Cell Phone: (593) 9 8875666
Office: (593) 4 3804600 ext. 5008
College of Staten Island
Center for Internattional Services
2800 Victory Blvd.
Staten Island, N.Y. 10314
United States of America
Study Abroad Advisor
Center for Global Engagement
Office: (718) 982 2100 ext. 2694